8.09.2010

Notes from work

Today I woke up earlier than usual.  It was a big day.  THE big day. 

I hadn't constructed a "business casual" outfit the night before, so it took me a while to start to look savvy, or even presentable.  Mornings and I have a delicate relationship.  Mornings have to unwelcomely massage me with the dulcet tones of a snooze function for a full 35-50 minutes before we can be personable. 

And...

then I woke up later than I'd planned.  In my somnolent state I hit the snooze too many times!  But I had to be at work at 8 AM sharp on the dotty blooming button. 8 AM!  HAD. TO. BE. THERE. This is the whole reason that I've been hired into this terrible terminable position! To help out on THE BIG DAY.  I cannot fail! 

So the shower, and the dressing, and the being presentable-looking, and driving-without-spilling-coffee-all-over-my-person waltz it was... a little rushed. 

But I made it. On time. 

It was an event TWO YEARS in the making.  And I made I just in time to help out and... attend several hours of a seminar about financial systems.  


O_o


I don't understand finance.  I know exactly absolutely nothing about finance.  So I took these notes: 

click to embiggen

Needless to say, it was a very engaging seminar.  How do people have this... as their job?! What awfulness! Qué horror. I'm terribly sorry to any of those of you who work in finance, but . . .  I just . . .  I just don't get it.

I then went and typed in an Excel spreadsheet for six hours.

Today was thrilling.

I'll put up/link to a bigger view of all of them, but not before I finish the cartoon in the last panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment